Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ann Arbor Antiques Market



For years I have been going to the Ann Arbor Antiques Market. My mom and I will grab a Starbucks and hit the road around nine in the morning. This summer, with busy summer schedules, we have not been able to make it monthly to the market that is housed in about 5 large barns with additional vendors sprawling out onto the grassy surround. The season begins in April, and is probably the best of all the shows. There is a fresh energy that hits Midwesterners this time of year, as we are overjoyed to be thawing out and eager with anticipation for the upcoming summer.

This show was slightly less crowded, probably due to families getting in their last vacation before school starts and the Cruise, but it did not fail to be a fantastic way to spend a beautiful Saturday.


Pictured above is a cool vendor that I noticed for the first time this year. This is a way to get the trendy industrial look without having to dig too deep into the pockets. I have a pretty tiny kitchen and in April I bought a cart to convert into an island. I think my mom had thought I lost my marbles. A little elbow grease and a slab of 1-1/2" carrara marble and.... voilĂ !


The cart, circa 1920, from a Toledo factory refashioned as my kitchen island

I probably will not be able to make it back to the Ann Arbor Antique Market this season, but there are some other great shows this fall. The Goodwill Antique Show and Southfield Pavilion Antiques Expositions are not to be missed!



No comments:

Post a Comment