Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Well....

It has been a couple weeks since I have made my last post. I guess sometimes these late August months can mean that the summer laziness sets in as we all try to enjoy our last couple weeks of true summer weather. That, or I have just gotten inexcusably lazy. Hmm. It could be a solid combination of both scenarios.  I am going to live up these last few weeks of summer with bells on. 90 degree heat and all. I mean come on.... we can't ALWAYS be complaining about the weather. So, I will be sweating through the next few weeks with a smile on my face.

Last weekend Scott and I went to a wonderful wedding up at the Homestead in Glen Arbor.  On Saturday, while Scott was hitting the links, I had a chance to check out my friend, Emily, family's farm. Emily's cousin and his family started the business, Food For Thought. It was cool to see behind the scenes of what it takes to produce some absolutely delicious jams, preserves, mustards and honey. All organic. I have been savoring my jar of strawberry basil jam and cannot wait to open the variety of products I brought home (blueberry/lavender, apricot/chardonnay, cherry mustard… oh my!). Food For Thought is stocked on gourmet grocery shelves throughout Michigan and beyond. Lately, I have been trying to make a conscious effort to buy local and organic and this is a wonderful Michigan company to support both these needs!

A few other photos from the weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment