Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fallin' Cozy

Well, fall has kicked itself into high gear in Michigan. The blustery winds, Halloween decorations, excitement for sweaters and layers (an enthusiasm sure to wear off) and the first signs of color have me excited for warm fires and home cooked stews (also, something that sounds like a dreamy vision that I might not find to be an accurate reality. For one, I probably have a bird's nest in my chimney and I have no idea how to cook a stew.).

In the spirit of the upcoming Midwest hibernation I have compiled a few pictures of cozy spaces that might not make me so upset about relinquishing my warm weather freedom.


Image Via Southern Accents. Designer: Jan Showers.

Image Via House Beautiful. Designer: Michael S. Smith. April 2009.

Image Via House Beautiful. Designer: Fern Santini

Image Via House Beautiful. Designer: Barbara Westbrook and Kim Winkler.

Image Via House Beautiful. Designer Albert Hadley.

Image Via House Beautiful. Designer: J. Randall Powers.

Image Via House Beautiful. Designer: Markham Roberts.

Image via House Beautiful. Designer: Robin Bell.

Image Via House Beautiful. Designer: Alessandra Branca.

1 comment:

  1. Anne, I like the exposed beams in the ceiling in the picture of the fireplace. Nice choice of photo selections.

    ReplyDelete